The Banner Gibson CD Project

In questa sezione si iniziano progetti che possono poi, con il contributo
di tutti, confluire nell'analoga sezione del sito

Re: The Banner Gibson CD Project

Messaggioda Dario57 » 7 dic 2012, 11:58

Da un certo punto in poi non c'e`modo di tornare indietro. Quello e`il punto che deve essere raggiunto.
Dario57

Condividi questa discussione su

Aiuta ad aumentare la popolarità di forum di chitarra acustica di Acusticamente.org condividendo la pagina! Condividi su Facebook

Messaggioda Dario57 » 7 dic 2012, 12:10

: Thumbup : : Thumbup : : Thumbup : ...

Hello dear backers, Thanks, again, for your support. The book is with the graphic designer and the CD is ready to send out for mastering. Both should be available by the first of the year so it's time for you to email me with your postal addresses.

Some specific book news:
Best-selling novelist and guitar collector Jonathan Kellerman contributed a delightful foreword to the book.
HP Newquist (founder of the National Guitar Museum and author of two dozen books including “The Way They Play”), Allen St. john (author of “Clapton’s Guitar”), and George Gruhn (vintage guitar guru) have contributed back cover testimonials to the book’s wonderfulness.
The daughter of one of the deceased Kalamazoo Gals recently sent me this email message: “John, thank you so much for sending me this manuscript. I've been glued to it since Sunday...it has made me laugh out loud, cry, think, chuckle and become inspired...omigosh what more could anyone ask for in a book? It's brilliant. I am so amazed at the detailed content of your research...the interviews, fact-finding missions, more interviews...staggering. Another wonderful thing about the book as a whole is the way you have written it to easily allow the reader to walk hand-in-hand with you on your journey...your quest for the truth. I just loved it.”

Some specific CD news:
We used 15 Banner Gibsons on 12 songs (one track is a duet with the incredible john Schwab playing rhythm guitar on a Banner archtop and another track is an instrumental medley on which Lauren Sheehan played each of the three songs on a different guitar)
Lauren Sheehan is brilliant on the CD.
Eric Dawson Tate, fresh off of engineering the score to the Hollywood blockbuster “Looper” did a brilliant job as engineer and co-producer.
So, you’ll soon have the book, CD, t-shirt and life-long friendship
Thanks!
John

: WohoW : : WohoW : : WohoW : ...
Da un certo punto in poi non c'e`modo di tornare indietro. Quello e`il punto che deve essere raggiunto.
Dario57

Messaggioda Dario57 » 19 dic 2012, 0:57

Ci siamo quasi .... : Razz :

Immagine
Dario57

Messaggioda Dario57 » 17 gen 2013, 20:10

E anche il retro di copertina ..... : CoolGun :

Immagine
Dario57

Messaggioda Dario57 » 4 feb 2013, 13:07

: Razz : ...

Immagine

: Razz : ...
Dario57

Messaggioda Dario57 » 4 feb 2013, 13:09

Il background e`da questo :

Immagine
Dario57

Messaggioda Stefano » 4 feb 2013, 16:17

..xchè non sono capace di scrivere così... : Blink :
Stefano

Messaggioda Dario57 » 19 feb 2013, 20:18

Hello, all.

I write with good news: I've got books! I received the shipment this morning.

I'll send out the signed copies by this weekend. If you haven't emailed me a mailing address yet, now's the time. I also hope to place the t-shirts in the same shipment but may fall a few days short of being able to do so.

The CD is currently being pressed and the packaging assembled. Give me 2-3 weeks for sending them.

Thanks so much for your support. It was a thrill to see the boxes of book arrive on my doorstep this morning.

John

: Thumbup : : Thumbup : : Thumbup : : Thumbup : : Thumbup :
Dario57

Messaggioda Dario57 » 21 mag 2013, 19:41

Finalmente ricevuto oggi, sul piatto adesso ... grande ! : Thumbup :

Prima o poi devo rimettermi in casa una Banner Gibson .... : Twisted :
Dario57

Precedente

Torna a progetti